Monday, April 16, 2012

Busy Busy

I can't believe how quickly the time has gotten away from me. I feel like we just started the framing and now the framing is done, the house is sided and bricked (for lack of a better word). We chose the Autumn Beige siding and you can imagine my horror as a a week ago i started reading the blogs on how it looked pink on other people houses. We talked the PM about it before they put it up and he said he hadnt heard anything. Well the siding is up now and while I can see how people could see some pink hues to it, I really don't hate it. So glad that worked out. Then I stopped by the house for a guradian meeting and saw they had begun putting the brick up. My only thought? I HATE THE BRICK. It just looked aweful and all the darker bricks were put together so I felt like I had a dalmation house. I came home and kicked and screamed like one of the kids and told my fiance I'm not moving into the house while it looks like that. He of course said it looked fine but reluctently called the PM to complain. The PM said that he thought it looked good and thats how the brick usually turns out. So I kicked and screamed some more. I was SO MAD!! So they said that wait till the siding is up and once the mortar dries and we'll talk about it at pre drywall. So the old fiance drives out to the house after it's sided to take a picture for me. He called and said he thinks it looks good. So he emailed me a pictures and again i really dont hate it. I will post a pic and welcome other peoples thoughts. I havnt seen the house in person since its been sided but I will go tommorrow for predrywall and decide then. Just wanted to see if I was being irrational :)

2 comments:

  1. I think that it looks good, but it's your opinion that matters most. I think it will also look different after it is washed (which I recall other bloggers having done maybe a week after the brick is done?). I hope seeing it in person relieves your fears about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I hope you're right. I do remember reading something about the brick washing so hopefully that will help. I love your colors! We couldn't get the stone mountain clay because the neighbor had it but I love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete